Thursday, June 24, 2010

The football fever is ripping every nook and corner in South Africa.Though the hosts impressed with their extraodinary ball play they could'nt reach the last sixteen due to low goal difference.With the former runner up already out of the this tournament seems to have a lot to offer.
WC23/6/2010:Defoe was the man of action yesterday for the English as his goal made sure that his team sails to the knock out stage of the tournament .While Fabio Capello, England coach had a lot to say
"This was the team that I know. We played together with spirit; we fought together and I am really, really happy with the result. I’m also happy that I re-found the team that I knew from the qualifiers,"

Frank Lampard praised the England fans after the 1-0 victory over Slovenia that sent the Three Lions through to the Round of 16.


                                                                                   A  lone goal from Jermain Defoe proved enough for England to edge past Slovenia in a tough contest and advance to the Round of 16, while the result left the Slovenians heartbroken.        



USA also made it  in to the knock out stages and they also topped their their table with a goal difference of four.They ended the campaign of the brave Algerians.Donovan  was the lone striker for USA.At the final whistle the USA team jumped  in joy while ball made its way in to the strands after kissing the boot of Landon Donovan.   
TeamMPGFGAPts
USAUSA3435
EnglandENG3215
SloveniaSVN3334
AlgeriaALG3021

No comments:

Post a Comment